martes, 1 de febrero de 2011

Angels

Hello February!
Month of Love, since on the 14th we celebrate Valentine´s Day... the most romantic day of the year. Too bad I´m always too far away from my "Valentine" to celebrate with him. There´s nothing Skype cannot fix, right?
I cannot help feeling romantic these days, and I thought I had to prepare something special. I always admired a paint by Rafael, called Angels, which I´m sure all of you know already:

I love to work with felt and fabrics, but sometimes I like trying my luck with other materials, such as paper. That´s how I could make some cute broochs with one of my favourites paintings ever. They are resistant, since I worked with cardboard, several layers of newspaper and finally... varnish.
I know, it sounds like a lot of layers :)
The final result is this, and I wear them on my coats, cardis or shopping bags:

Hope you like it :)
Thanks for visiting my blog!
-------------------------------------------
Hola Febrero!
El mes del amor, ya que el 14 es el día de San Valentin... el día mas romantico del año. Que mal que siempre tengo que celebrarlo lejos de mi "Valentin". No hay nada que Skype no pueda solucionar, verdad?
No puedo evitar sentirme romántica en estos días, y pensé que debía preparar algo especial. Siempre admiré una pintura del pintor Rafael, que se llama "Angeles", y que estoy segura que conocen de sobra.
Me gusta mucho trabajar con fieltro y telas, pero a veces también me gusta probar suerte con otros materiales, como por ejemplo: papel. Así es como hice estos broches, con los angeles de aquella famosa pintura. Son muy resistentes, ya que usé cartón, varias capas de papel de diario y finalmente, barniz.
Lo sé... suena a montón de capas :) Los llevo en mis abrigos, cardigans o en mis bolsos de tela.

Espero que les haya gustado el resultado final.
Gracias por visitar mi blog!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario